Barossa Village continues to closely monitor developments in relation to the Coronavirus COVID-19. At this stage, none of our community is currently impacted through any infection.
We have established and resourced a Management Response Team to actively manage COVID-19 situation. The team is working through strategies and plans in line with advice from the Commonwealth Department of Health, and monitoring the Smart Traveller advice.
Please rest assured that we are continuing to monitor the situation on a daily basis, and are planning for any further escalation, should it be required. We will keep our community, residents and clients updated as the situation evolves.
The Residency, Atze Parade, Nuriootpa:
- Visitation to the Residency has been cancelled as of 25.3.20.
- Families can leave personal items at Reception.
- For families with residents in palliative care, please contact staff.
The Lodge, Scholz Ave, Nuriootpa:
- Follow the advice as posted at entrances.
and do not enter if:
- You are unwell with cold or flu like symptoms
- You have had close contact with someone who has recently returned from interstate or overseas
- You have recently returned from an overseas trip
- You have had close contact with another person who has tested positive for the coronavirus COVID-19
- If you do not meet any of these entry restrictions, please observe the precautionary measures in line with our visitor entry requirements and government recommendations. https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-isolation-guidance
- All visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitiser found at entrances and practice social distancing. These same principles apply when visiting vulnerable older people who live in our community.
Events and Activities
- All Lifestyle activities have been cancelled except for those held in the Residency, for residents.
- Lifestyle staff are offering one-on-one support to residents
- Entertainment and church will be live streamed into residents’ rooms.
- Coronavirus training is occurring for all staff
- Staff flu vaccinations commenced 23.3.2020
For the latest public advice, visit https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov or call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
Other contacts in SA Health: https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/Public+content/SA+Health+Internet/ or call the SA Health Information Line 1800 020 080