Established in 1964, Barossa Village is a not-for-profit and community owned organisation.
We offer independent retirement living, assisted living, in-home care, residential care, respite care and community connection.
We’ve been a trusted part of the Barossa community for over five decades, so we know and understand the needs of older people living in the region.
With over 190 independent living units across Nuriootpa, Tanunda and Angaston and servicing over 200 clients living in their own homes, Barossa Village ranks as one of the top five employers in the Barossa region.
Over 200 staff are employed in aged care services, nursing, hospitality, corporate services, maintenance and gardening, and we engage over 60 contractors to provide care and support services in people’s homes.
Barossa Village is committed to continuing to provide quality care and the infrastructure required to ensure the best life possible for older people into the future.
1963 meeting of the Nuriootpa War Memorial sub-committee which founded the Barossa Valley Senior Citizens’ Homes (Nuriootpa) Incorporated, now known as Barossa Village.
Our Mission and Values
“People at our heart”
- To enhance the lives of people with whom we engage.
- To provide the best Quality Service we can.
- To be responsive to change and to people’s needs.
- To inspire and nurture our workforce in achieving meaningful, rewarding employment.
- To be active in community development.
- To achieve continuous improvement and best practice.