Aged Care Scholarships
Barossa Village is committed to developing an aged care workforce to meet ongoing growth in the sector. Thanks to funds generated by sales at The Village Op Shop in Nuriootpa, we are offering scholarships for students and staff interested in building a career in aged care.
Areas of Study
- Internal Offer: Graduate Diploma in Nursing (Aged Care)
- Internal Offer: Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Internal & External Offer: Certificate III in Individual Support
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- reside in the local government area of Barossa, Goyder, Light or Gawler
- be undertaking or commencing study in one of the identified disciplines
- commit to working at Barossa Village Residential Aged Care Facility or Community program for a time equivalent in years to which funding is provided
Applicants must provide:
- a cover letter explaining why you are interested in aged care and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals
For current employees of Barossa Village who have successfully passed probation, the following will be considered:
- current job performance, role behaviours and reliability
- a reference from your manager
For external applicants:
- previous academic results
Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
All applicants must choose an aged care specialisation for their Practicum if one is required.
Carer and Leisure and Health candidates pay 50% of course fees. Once the course and placement are completed, and employment offered and accepted at Barossa Village, the 50% paid by the candidate will be refunded to the candidate in fortnightly instalments over a 12 month period. If a candidate is unsuccessful through the six month probation period, they forgo the remaining amount owing.
Enrolled nursing candidates pay 75% and Barossa Village pays 25%. Once the course is completed and employment is offered and accepted at Barossa Village, a further 25% will be paid in fortnight instalments by Barossa Village over a 24 month period. If a candidate is unsuccessful through the six month probation period, they forgo the remaining amount owing.
Funds will be paid by Barossa Village into the agreed educational institution account.
The Scholarship must be taken up in the year in which it is offered. Acceptance of the Scholarship offer cannot be deferred.
If a student declines the Scholarship offer, it will be offered to the next eligible student.
Recipients who are employed by Barossa Village will be repaid as a taxable allowance through payroll.
Diploma of Nursing
Course provider: Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation
Course Duration: Full time 18 month commitment
Students can nominate their preferred provider of study for Certificate III and IV. Students must understand their own obligations to meet the costs of study, outside of the Scholarship.