March 26, 2020
To our residents, families and friends of Barossa Village;
As you are aware, the Residency is currently in lockdown, which is the third phase of our COVID-19 containment plan. The aim of this lockdown is:
- To limit the number of contacts that people have with the wider community
- To reduce the opportunities for our residents who are in the high risk group to become infected
The next phase of containment is confining residents to their houses and the final level is confining to rooms.
In line with the Australian Aged Care Quality Commission and Department of Health guidelines we must take these steps to reduce the opportunity for COVID-19 to infect vulnerable people.
We are endeavouring to support everyone to maintain contact with residents and invite you to contact administration staff for booking video chat time. This can be facilitated using different platforms and our staff can help guide you through the setup and use of this technology.
The Residency is a small community and many of our staff are friends with you. They can on request, deliver messages to residents or help them with video calls to you.
During this lockdown period we are currently offering residents:
- Video and phone calls support to family and friends
- Additional small chat groups set up around the facility
- Opportunities to have entertainment via live stream into resident’s rooms
- Opportunities to attend church through live stream into residents rooms
- Additional activities including, word finds, cross words, puzzles and colouring activities available for residents to do
- Lifestyle staff working during the day over the weekends
We are working to implement other “app” based communications for residents and families in the coming weeks.
We continue to:
- Have access to the local GPs who are visiting as per their normal schedules and will be available to discuss the health needs of residents
- Have daily support from the chemist
- Have no current shortages of essential cleaning items or food supplies
- Have increased cleaning services at the Residency
It is our commitment to you that we will be in regular contact to ensure that you are kept informed and up to date, and that we make clear our position and actions in managing the health and wellbeing of our residents.
As always if you require any further clarification please contact us on 8562 0300 (option 1).